Play great sounding music from your first piano lessons.
Join my 45 students who learn to play the piano/keyboard in my beautiful, high tech studio in north San Jose. I can teach you or your children to
*play classical, blues and pop music, both by memory and by reading music and charts
*improvise and compose
We use technology in my studio, so please be prepared to use a smart phone or tablet for some of your homework. (If you are not techie and this does not sound good to you, no worries, we’ll work around that.)
I promise that you will learn fast and well. Certified in the Simply Music method. Trained in Suzuki and Musicopolis (Play-a-Story). Professional musician and teacher for 20 years.
Studio off 880, 101 and 680 (Brokaw Rd/Oakland Rd/Hostetter Rd exits)
Call or email to attend a FREE introductory session.
Play sophisticated blues, contemporary, classical and accompaniment pieces from your very first piano lessons. The Simply Music method produces amazing results for students of all ages, adults as well as children.
Teacher Maureen Karpan has been a professional performing musician and teacher since 1996. resume
It is a requirement to attend a free introductory session before signing up for lessons. Call to have a session scheduled for you.
Openings for new students!
- Simply Music lessons (ages 7 to adults) – A fun way to learn classical, pop and blues songs well and fast. Fully developed curriculum including improvisation, composition, accompaniment and music reading.
- Play-a-Story class (5-7 year olds) – Improvise to stories. A fantastic program created by Simply Music teacher Lyndel Kennedy.
Results you can expect
- You learn a well-rounded set of skills, including accompaniment, arrangement, improvisation and composition
- You quickly learn many great sounding songs, both hands, that they can play anytime, anywhere there is a piano, without having to have your music books in front of you
- Pieces include classical, pop and blues and jazz
- You will learn to read music including chords, notes and rhythm
- You become very comfortable playing with and for others, since you learn in small group settings
- Repeated experiences of success in learning the piano that contribute to a positive sense of self
- Music will become a companion for life